India is a great destination to travel to since you get to experience the finest culture of this beautiful country. But, here are a few pointers if you are taking your first trip to India from the US. You can end up getting unwell or maybe have a bad experience if you do not keep these things in mind.
- Drink Bottled Water Only: The first thing that you must not forget is to drink only bottled water. Also, there is a need to ensure that the bottle cap has not been tampered. The cap should be intact. If you drink unsterilized water, then you may get unwell due to contamination.
- Make all your Bookings: Before travelling to India, you must make sure that you have made all your bookings i.e. your hotel, your domestic air bookings etc. Most of the hotels offer the pickup from the airport and you can also ask for other transportation services. You can check out the airlines that fly domestically to get the cheapest air tickets in India.
- Shopping: You may pick up some souvenirs during your tour to India but the tip is to not pick up anything from your hotel gift shop since the items will be much more expensive. You must do some window shopping before buying anything. Also, you must ensure that you buy stuff from such stores that can ship your goods home. By doing this you will not be worried to carry them around or increasing your baggage allowance.
- Visit the Local Grocery: Once you reach your hotel room after arriving in India, you must visit a local grocery store. You can buy the basic essentials that you would require like toiletries and other stuff. It is better not to carry them in order to decrease the weight of your baggage.
- Purchasing Train Tickets: If you have mapped your trip to India and you are aware of the places that you wish to visit there, then you can also reserve your train tickets. In case, you are unable to get the tickets booked online, then there is no need to worry since you can get the tickets once you reach India too. It will just be that the train timings may differ and you may have to take the local train.
A trip to India will be the best experience for you if you take all these points into consideration since it is a country that has a lot to offer to its tourists.